Pink wax cotton handbag lilac waxed summer tote beach bag hand sewn leather handles zip pocket snap magnet closures Pink canvas shopping bag
1 left in stock
Pink wax cotton handbag, lilac waxed beach bag with hand sewn leather handles, zip pockets, snap magnet closures. Pink canvas shopping bag.
Back by popular demand....!
Waxed lilac cotton canvas shoulder tote bag with soft leather hand sewn handles, YKK steel zippered internal pockets, and magnetic closure. Great as an eco-friendly shopping bag, diaper bag, or general carry-all.
13 (err...14) simple reasons the Minor Bodies Jr Waxed Canvas Tote Bag and YOU should be good friends:
1. Easy to fill...and fill and fill.
2. Easy to carry.
3. Two inner YKK steel zippered pockets with extra-long chamois leather pull tabs.
4. Hand-cut and hand-sewn super-soft oiled and waxed double chamois cow leather handles in WHISKEY color.
5. Beautiful and fashionable carnival of cotton canvas colors: LILAC.
6. Perfect size.
7. Perfect price.
8. Light weight.
9. No-rust, solid brass, snap tab closure swaddled in leather.
10. Imported from Italy, no-rust, mega-strong, solid brass flat-face eyelets in matte nickel finish.
11. Hidden-in-the-lining, 1 inch neodymium iron boron magnets for secure top closure.
12. Hand waxed canvas, in our multi-wax recipe, for dirt/stain resistance and ultra coolness factor that wears with grace and allure.
13. Most excellent.
14. Damn good looking.
The weight of the empty bag is about 1.4 pounds. The bag drop, from the middle of the handle to the top of the bag is 8 inches. It will easily slide up your arm and rest naturally on your shoulder. The length of each handle is 17 1/2 inches. The top of the body of the bag to the point at the bottom, when laid out flat, measures 16 1/2 inches. The circumference measured at the top is 74 inches.
The material used is 12 oz. cotton canvas. It is not a super heavy canvas which would make the bag heavier and inflexible. It is, however, plenty sturdy. The waxing, aside from wicking away moisture and dirt, lends the material an organic, living feel, with folds and creases and mottling appearing and accentuating with use. If these get to be too much, a few passes with a hot hairdryer will reduce or eliminate them. The bag will be stiff on arrival but will break-in quickly with use.
The hardware used in this bag is made of brass. Brass is vastly superior to the cheap and flimsy "metal" used in a lot of hardware. Brass is more expensive, for sure, but these eyelets, apart from their aesthetic qualities, are strong and durable and will not rust, adding to the longevity of your bag. The brass hardware has been finished in matte nickel plating (though for allergy reasons there is no actual nickel in the material). Let me add that these eyelets were imported from Italy at great difficulty and expense. Why do we do it? Well, because they are the handsomest and sturdiest eyelets on the market and we think it's worth it.